To make a referral, call me directly on Oahu: 808-255-4810
When your patient needs help with the “food part” of eating disorder recovery, I’d welcome your referral. Please feel free to call me directly at 808-255-4810. Or you can FAX your referral form to 808-261-1184.
We all know that a team approach is the most effective way to treat patients with an eating disorder. If you’re a physician, therapist or other healthcare professional looking for an expert resource to help your patient restore normal eating behaviors, I can help.
Hello, I’m Daryl Ann Smith, RDN, LD, CEDRD, a Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian with more than 20 years of nutrition therapy experience in Hawaii.
During therapy sessions, I provide provide patients (and parents) with the evidenced-based tools and skills needed to overcome disordered eating.
Extensive Experience = A Confident Referral
Besides my outpatient private practice in Kailua, I serve as the Nutrition Support Dietitian for Kahi Mohala Behavioral Hospital Inpatient Eating Disorder services. In addition to my certification and 20+ years of experience, my ongoing professional education focuses on eating disorders. A few of the more recent trainings include:
- Eating Recovery Onsite, 2020, Bellevue, WA
- International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals Symposium, 2019, Desert Springs, CA
- Academy for Eating Disorders: ICED Innovation, 2018, Chicago, IL
- Family Based Treatment: John Locke, 2018, Honolulu, HI
- DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) and the 12-Step Model, 2017, Timberline Knolls (virtual training)
- International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals Symposium, 2017, Henderson, NV
I look forward to working with you as a team member to assist with your patient’s recovery. Call me at 808-255-4810 or you can FAX your referral form to 808-261-1184.